Hawkee   -  Apr 06, 2012

Snippet deleting is here! You've asked and asked and we finally listened. Visit your profile page, click the "Posts" tab and hover over the snippet you'd like to delete. A red X will appear to the right of it which will allow you to delete it. This is currently the only way to delete a snippet.

Stewie1k94  -  Apr 06, 2012

Nice. :)

Cheiron  -  Apr 06, 2012

many thanks Hawkee :) eases a good load off yourself now that does also in management of users materials :)

Scakk  -  Apr 06, 2012

I was checking this out and it did not go back to my first snippets I posted. Is there a way to go back farther in the "Posts" tab to view them?

Cheiron  -  Apr 06, 2012

also the new code layout when posting codes.. you cannot select all any more so have no way of copying written codes from the forums

Scakk  -  Apr 06, 2012

It is also harder to copy codes from the snippets sections also.

Cheiron  -  Apr 06, 2012

i cannot copy from the snippets.. and when i do .. nothing works in mirc :(

Hawkee  -  Apr 06, 2012

@Scakk Thank you that's another IE8 bug. I'll see if I can get it fixed. The posts are supposed to auto-append when you reach the bottom of the page.

@Cheiron What if you click inside the box and press Control+A? What browser and version are you using? I'll test it. Also, can you give me an example of a snippe that doesn't work in mIRC. I tested copying some snippets into mIRC and they worked even though I was using IE8.

Cheiron  -  Apr 07, 2012

ok.. i clicked in the box .. i right clicked and selected all .. nothing plus i manually highlighted and went to right click to copy .. nothing. thats how i usually used to do it Hawkee and it worked or i clicked on the select code button on the page which used to auto highlight all. which is no longer there. browser is chrome on windows vista

as for the code i couldnt get going... http://www.hawkee.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23730 that one there :)

Jordyk19  -  Apr 07, 2012

THANK YOU GOD OF HAWKEE!

Hawkee  -  Apr 07, 2012

@Cheiron I fixed the problem with the code on the forum. That code should run now. I need to work out a new select code button, so I'll see if I can get that back in there.

Cheiron  -  Apr 07, 2012

i have just gone back into that link i pasted and tried to copy to the same problem.. highlight thecode manually .. went to right click and no copy or anything shows.. plus the page jumps up also on the right click. also .. cannot right click and select all.. that still doesnt do anything

Hawkee  -  Apr 07, 2012

@Cheiron That's very strange. What about the code in the snippets section? Also, what version of Chrome are you running?

Cheiron  -  Apr 07, 2012

running latest version of chrome .. 18.0.1025.151 m
now some codes in forum i can manually highlight, right click and there is the copy etc fine.. but longer posts refuse point blank too.. plus you cannot manually highlight and drag down anymore on a page where before you used to be able too.. just gonna try the snippets section now

Cheiron  -  Apr 07, 2012

snippets are exactly the same .. once they go above x amount of lines... you cannot highlight, then right click , copy .. as the whole webpage jumps down several lines. plus there is no copy/paste option.
also .. you still cannot right click and select all on anything anymore

Hawkee  -  Apr 07, 2012

@Cheiron Are you getting any Javascript errors in your console? This sounds like some strange behavior. Go to codemirror.net and try a few of the examples there. See if you get the same behavior. I'd like to see if it's a problem with the library itself.

Cheiron  -  Apr 07, 2012

i went here .. http://codemirror.net/demo/folding.html and highlighted that and right clicked.. and the page jumped with no copy/paste option. also right clcik and select all doesnt work,
trying some of the others on highlight .. they show me copy/paste. but on none there do the right click and select all work

Hawkee  -  Apr 07, 2012

@Cheiron I'm running the same version of Chrome and can't seem to duplicate what you're seeing. Do you have any plugins installed that might interfere with copying or selecting text?

Cheiron  -  Apr 07, 2012

AVG Safe Search12.0.0.1901

Skype Click to Call5.9.0.9216

W3C HTML5 & CSS3 Validator1.1.1

WonTube Video Converter1.0.7

thats what i have installed as extensions.

Cheiron  -  Apr 07, 2012

now this is interesting.. just installed FF11 and tried with that .. i can manually highlight now and right click and get the copy /paste options come up ok.. still cannot right click and select all though.. or highlight and drag down if the code requires scrolling the page down like we used to be able to do.

Scakk  -  Apr 07, 2012

@Hawkee Sorry for joining this one, but the one I was speaking to you in no longer lets me view any comments for it since I tried to post my error in it. The issue I spoke of Hawkee is still there even after the hard refresh.

Hawkee  -  Apr 07, 2012

@Cheiron What about the keyboard shortcuts? Can you control+A and control+C to copy? That works on both FF and Chrome here. I also couldn't duplicate the highlight and drag scrolling issue. What operating system are you using?

@Scakk Try it now. It should be fixed.

Hawkee  -  Apr 07, 2012

@Cheiron Can you tell me if you get the same behavior here: http://jsfiddle.net/Hawkee/vq6MH/1/ - They also use CodeMirror.

Cheiron  -  Apr 07, 2012

now that code.. when i right click and drag .. it scrolls all the way to the bottom of the code, something which hawkee's doesnt. thats with FF11 and chrome. my os is vista 64 bit.
also re that link.. right click and select all DOES work

Hawkee  -  Apr 07, 2012

@Cheiron It could be that jsfiddle uses an iframe for the code rather than a textarea. But I can't explain why it works here, but not on your machine. I wonder if it's something to do with Vista or maybe a program you have running outside of your browsers that handles copy/paste. I'm running OS X and haven't been able to duplicate the error.

In any event I'm adding a "Select Code" button like we had before, so that should help.

Cheiron  -  Apr 07, 2012

many thanks boss and will keep you pasted with any other findings i discover

Hawkee  -  Apr 07, 2012

@Cheiron I added a Select All link above every code block. Can you confirm that it works?

Cheiron  -  Apr 07, 2012

the select all button works.. but i still get a massive scroll jump when i right click and still no copy or paste showing. gonna have to use the ctrl + instead

Hawkee  -  Apr 07, 2012

@Cheiron That's a start at least. Maybe you can record a video of these issues as they happen. Keep your Javascript console open as you're doing it in case any errors show up. I'm going to see if the developer has any insight on the issue.

Cheiron  -  Apr 07, 2012

i dunno how to open the console on chrome

Hawkee  -  Apr 07, 2012

@Cheiron View > Developer > JavaScript Console on my machine.

Cheiron  -  Apr 07, 2012

i honestly have no clue what i am looking for in the javascript console sorry :(

Hawkee  -  Apr 07, 2012

@Cheiron Mainly we're looking for any errors. If there are none it'll just be blank.

Hawkee  -  Apr 09, 2012

@Scakk I fixed the problem with IE8, so you should now be able to reach your oldest snippets.

TMFKSOFT  -  Oct 06, 2012

Now for someone to go through the whole site removing all snippets with the content "PLEASE IGNORE. TEST." lol

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.