IllogicTC commented on a Page, Higher-Resolution Timestamp  -  Mar 30, 2011

gooshie: Considering you can set many globals very quickly, as compared to say a lengthy /writeini operation (where it would open, write, close, open, write, close....) which would run quite slowly for the same amount of operations, I would be quite certain it acts more like a form of /fopen and /fclose. I do understand your concern for what appeared to be constant writes, but with the purchase of an SSD comes inherent problems and risks which one has, at best, taken into account and agreed to work with, or at worst, has not done their research but will find out over time anyway.

jaytea: I will focus on bringing more reliability and accuracy to this snippet. I myself have never run across another snippet that does this so I just kind of came in with a blank slate and an idea on what I wanted to achieve, but no pointers on how to help meet that end. lol. Also, I honestly never realized that with |pipes| you can do multi-line commands on timers. :( That will be a big help, not making constant calls to an alias for synchronization in the first place.

Jethro_: I never thought of just using the set -e switch for the variable %ts_current. I just realized with the .disable it wouldn't throw an error if it was already disabled (which is why I did the check for %ts_current on EXIT), I could definitely trim some excess there. Thanks.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.