gooshie commented on a Page, Tag filter  -  Mar 03, 2011

s00p,
Jethro_'s original post, sorta to me, was to point out how to have the channel mode prefix used before the nick name only show the most powerfull mode instead of all modes. It's a subtle improvement we here at Hawkee appreciate.

Sometimes two methods of scripting can be viewed as a stylistic difference and if I had thought this was the case I would not have commented. To be quite honest, using a goto jump instead of an else statement is probably more than just a little wrong and the use of return is unneeded in your original post. It's an often stated 'rule' to never use goto jumps, in any language, when any other method can be used. To date I have found only one way to use goto that actually improves understanding and I have an example posted as my Magic 8ball snippet. The return command is used most often in an alias to return a result as you have done with $tagfilter($1-).

Be advised that if you post code on Hawkee people will view and comment on your code. This really is the point of Hawkee and what keeps many of us coming back and trying, sometimes in an awkward way, to help the original poster. We will hope that when you view one of our post and have an improved method of obtaining the same or better results you will comment.
Thanks,
gooshie

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.