Dizzlenub commented on a Page, Super Simple Identifier/chan joiner  -  Aug 25, 2007

Can you challenge me to do something, Ronin? I\'m bored...and out of ideas.

As for the script...
Ignore the critisism if this is one of your very first scripts... I didnt make a autoidentifier until two days ago and I\'ve been scripting for months. This is a pretty worthless script, but for a new guy\'s creation...my first scripting inventions were ontext saytexts, so its pretty good.

Secondly, Deathwave, if you understood half the complicated scripts out there, you would probably see that why they can\'t work for you, is because you are not using them correctly. ;)

Thirdly, as a suggestion back on the snippet\'s subject, some things could be added to make your script a little bit better...

• You should list it all into mIRC\'s coding, in Status, so when you connect you identify... Go to Popups, View, Status, and this edits your status (server) window\'s right click function, and make it in there, if its not too advanced.

• If the above is too advanced, you should make a alias. Here\'s an example.

alias autoident {
if ($1 == $null) {
echo -a Please enter the nickname you would like to register into Auto Identify.
halt
}
elseif ($2 == $null) {
echo -a Please enter a password to register with.
halt
}
else {
set %auton $1
set %autop $2
echo -a Auto Identifier has been set to your nick, $1 $+ , and to the password $2 $+ . If one or both of these is invalid, please type /identreset.
}
}

alias identreset {
unset %auton
unset %autop
echo -a Auto Identifier has been reset.
}

on *:connect: {
if ($me == %auton) {
msg NickServ identify %autop
}
}

That should work... made from scratch, but it should work.

Your welcome.

• Dizzle
 Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.