Hawkee   -  Jul 12, 2012

Been doing some work on Drupal over the past few weeks. Its really a very decent framework. Not sure if I'd recommend it over WordPress at this point though.

BlueThen  -  Jul 12, 2012

I tried Drupal about 2 years ago and had some issues with it right out of the box. After a few days of trying to get it to even work correctly, I ended up with some other software (I don't remember which).

I settled on WordPress in the end.

People have recommended Habari to me: http://habariproject.org/en/

Hawkee  -  Jul 12, 2012

I haven't heard of Habari. Is it fairly new?

BlueThen  -  Jul 12, 2012

No idea. I haven't tried it, but it might be worth experimenting with.

Hawkee  -  Jul 12, 2012

I'd love to hear your thoughts. It would be nice to see something gain the amount of support WordPress has. That's really its biggest strength.

sean  -  Jul 13, 2012

I love Drupal. Have been working with it for nearly 2 years. I'll be the first to admit that it has its quirks but, the pros certainly out weight the cons. Once you learn the framework, accomplishing tasks becoming quite easy. Between the module and hook system and Form API, I'd certainly recommend sticking with it.

FollowTheSchism  -  Jul 16, 2012

Drupal has many vulnerabilities in the blackhat scene. A friend of mine (I won't disclose his name) is a senior vulnerability analyst for a company in Texas. He has found several remote exploits within the framework. Just be careful with what you do with it.

Hawkee  -  Jul 16, 2012

@FollowTheSchism This is very good to be aware of, Thank you. Do you have any further information so I can check for these vulnerabilities?

FollowTheSchism  -  Aug 11, 2012

@Hawkee I'm afraid there is no information I'm allowed to give beyond what I've already given. The default framework itself is "alright" but close scrutiny could reveal some things.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.