Hawkee   -  May 17, 2012

I gave the forum topics a bit of a facelift. I removed all the clutter so they could more closely match the rest of the site. I've also removed signatures and website links to discourage spamming.

Hawkee  -  May 17, 2012

I also cleaned up the private messages a bit. Eventually I'd like to completely redo those, but for now this will suffice.

Hawkee  -  May 17, 2012

I've been considering what to do about the forum for the long run and one thought was to upgrade to phpBB3, but now I'm considering implementing it using the existing Hawkee framework. It could work much like status updates except posts will have titles and categories. This seems to make the most sense. I'd have to implement category pages as well as topic lists, but besides that the existing infrastructure should cover the rest.

BlueThen  -  May 17, 2012

Your plan sounds reasonable. It would make sense to allow people to assign their status updates to forum categories from the front page, also to be able to immediately see new posts from the front page.

Hawkee  -  May 17, 2012

@BlueThen Yes, it would be very nice to incorporate it into the activity stream. It wouldn't be too difficult to import all the old posts into the newer database tables either.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.