HawkeeFonty commented on a mIRC Script, Pbot Channel Protection bot  -  Mar 23, 2011

I would like the same as Cullumlord. I can even get it to ignore my trivia bot so the actual Pbot window of my mirc is pretty useless just filled up with trivia like it is.

Also it's faced one bot-net attack so far and this is the main reason I finally gave in and tried a bot in my room. It failed miserably. It banned the first two join/part-ers then got flood kicked by the server and the attack went on unmolested. It didn't even get to setting the room to +RM which would have been much more useful.

Not only that the mirc closed but stayed connected! I though it was just disconnected so I opened a new mirc and found that my bot and usual nick were still connected and in the room. I ghosted them but the bot wouldn't reconnect (of course since it was still connected just hidden) and about 3 or 4 hours later the mirc window suddenly popped up again with all the rooms and PM's still open in it. This had nothing to do with the bot-net attack though, that had happened over 6 hours before.

So not much luck so far! I've removed spam/flood protection and just left up the 'set mode to +RM' on hoping that at least will stop the attacks when they happen. If not I'll have to find another bot.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.