FordLawnmower commented on a Page, mIRC Format Code Converter  -  Jul 07, 2009

Actually you are wrong WorldDMT. If you read and understand the whole script you will see that I have taken careful steps to make sure that the PHPBB code is in perfect order.

If you have an extra without a coinciding match The PHPBB parser will treat it as normal text. The same goes for extra markers.

This is wrong ---->> hello  <<--- from your code.

In addition, the bold and underlined are done the same way for the similar reasons.

**<u>hello**</u> <--- This will also fail. 
**<u>hello</u>**<-- Should be this 

I also made separate aliases because I might decide to add another output format to this script.

I'm not at all trying to argue with you WorldDMT. It is obvious to everyone here that you have exceptional mSL scripting skills and a great mind. The problem that I have is that you only see the code and you never acknowledge the work that has went into making it.
In fact, you go from post to post discrediting the actual scripter by reposting an edited version of someones hard work. Editing a working script to make it more efficient or smaller is much easier than actually writing a script from scratch. So even though you might end up with a better script by editing other peoples posts, you had to stand on the real scripters shoulders to do so.

A lot goes into making a script from scratch. The code is the easy part.

• The Original Idea - The main component of every script.
  • Planning - Endless hours can be spent just trying to decide how you want the script to act and respond.
  • Design - Designing dialogs and menu's so they are easy to read and self explanatory.
  • Flowcharts - I still use these :P Scripters who don't still have to map out the flow in their mind.
  • Scripting - Writing the actual code to put it all together.
  • Testing & Debugging - All code has to be tested clean before posting.
  • Bug Fixes and error trapping - Code that is added as a result of testing results.
  • Screen Shots - Taking screen shots to be placed in your post.
  • Writing a description/instructions - Description to be placed in your post.
  • Posting - Putting it all together and posting it to your favorite sites.
    Sure we are posting scripts here and it's all about the script, but it's not really ALL about the script :P

Something to consider :)

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.