Typo commented on a Page, Background Manager  -  Oct 06, 2008

This looks fantastic! Looks like you put quite a bit of work into this.

Couple things tho:

You didn't include the icon you specify in the dialog so I had to comment out that line just to get it to load.

When it did load it wasn't exactly easy to figure out. I expected to see a list of the channels I was in when I clicked personal but the list didnt change even tho channel was already "clicked" so I decided to try and select it even tho it was selected and that made the list vanish but no channels showed up so I realized you have to add them manually. I then tried to manully add a picture but realized there wasn't a way to do that so I figured maybe I chose the picture when I add a channel so I tried that. I went to add, clicked channel, clicked pic, the file selection thing loaded and i picked my file. The new dialog opened and it has the preview but its unclear what im supposed to do. The o nly button I see has 3 .'s on it and just opens the file selection dialog again. I see no ok button to verify my image selection so I finally hit X to close it and came to make my comment before I try to play with it anymore.

Maybe it's just me but either way I'll try to mess with it some more.

On a side note:

I was going to add a background option in my ViewPic script and had even coded most of it but I found when I applied a background image to all the channels in the network which im in 35 channels on, it started messing up pretty bad, the backgrounds would be there and then vanish and eventually all but a couple channels backgrounds would just be gone. Even worse, I noticed it also made images no longer be able to load in the viewpic's normal viewing mode which uses picwins and it stopped the images in the viewpic's photo album, which is dialog based, from loading too.

I decided at that point to drop background support and moved on to adding the update I'm working on now.

Have you run into this problem or any problem like it where you seem to reach a limit to the amount of images you can have loaded in mirc?

I notice it doesnt look like you added the option to add a background to all the channels at once so it would take me forever to recreate the problem with your script but I imagine it would do the same thing the one I made (and deleted) did.

Anyhow, I think I've done quite enough talking. lol

I won't rate this yet incase your not done with it and you can make it more user friendly or I find out its just me thats having trouble with it and I'm an idiot.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.