Typo commented on a Page, Typos Code Comparison  -  Jul 28, 2008

I love how you still cannot even try and explain yourself.

How is the file size wrong?

How is the file size example wrong because if the file size is than it must be too?

I didnt say I knew anything. All I wanted from you was an explanation of your own comments and you cant even manage to backup your own words.

You made a comment on my regex without even giving me an example of what I should have used and I immediately responded with updated code that fixes it even tho I forgot to update the script with it and even if you didnt know what I was trying to do I made a response to you with the new code that detailed what I was trying to do and your too stupid to even read it. You made the same regex comment today which makes it obvious you didnt read a single thing in my replies to you.

Also, you called my code messy and wont back that up either.

I would have deleted the comment too if I had made it, you looked like an idiot.

To everyone else: By this pooint I have hopefully made it clear that Lindrians comments were made in error. I have given him muliple chances to explain himself and he basically refuses.

The file size is fine, the script is fine. The problems all lye within lindrian and his inability to backup anything he says.
This whole thing started with a comment from him that said

ok, im not sure how ur calculating those bytes, but its definitely wrong.

And your regexes are totally messed up aswell, /[^(?:^$)]/ means \"match the following literals: ^(:?$) (and the ^ is even duplicate - I really doubt this is what you\'re trying to do).
And he was right about the regex, which is fixed, even tho the script was still working fine but what strikes me is the statement \"ok, im not sure how ur calculating those bytes, but its definitely wrong.\". Does it really take that much effort or expertise to look at the code and see I\'m using mircs own $file().size? I would think that someone qualified to call my coding messy would be able to figure out how I was calculating the file size.

I\'m done now.

If anyone cares to see it here is the comment Lindrian deleted after making.

Byte are not counted like that typo. Each character is one byte, trailing and leading spaces are not accounted for.
And that regex would match anything but (, ?, :, ^, $, ) - is that what you\'re trying to do?
I mean not offense at all, but your code (coding style?) feels quite messy, if you want, I can teach you some \'better\' coding (im not trying to brag, really) and how to properly master regex. If you\'re up for it, I\'ll be at: irc.deltaanime.net @ #Lindrian

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.