|MELIORITE| commented on a Page, Pager  -  Mar 25, 2007

At the end of the line: if (%away_pager == on) { msg $nick $me is currently away and will not recieve your messages until he/she has returned } <-- the closing bracket is missing which forms a bracket mismatch for the line where \"else\" is to line up with \"if\".
if (%away_pager == on) { msg $nick $me is currently away and will not recieve your messages until he/she has returned }
else {
echo -a 15,1 $nick 4,1 has called you in 15,1 # 15,1 with the message: 15,1 $1-
echo 4,1time: 15,1 $time(hh:nn:ss) 4,1channel: 15,1 # 4,1Nick: 15,1 $nick 4,1 Message: 15,1 $1- }
}
I am also wondering whether you wish to be paged on the \'else\' condition, that is, you will be paged when back, or would it be preferable to have the pager condition set when you are away so that you are alerted when somebody tries to reach you? In other words, if i am not away from the keyboard I will receive a pager every time somebody tries to reach me which is fine... but would not the pager system operate as a true pager if I was given a summary of alerts while away? The \"else\" operator makes the pager echo msg work when the pager is off. I might have preferred :
if (%away_pager == on) {
msg $nick $me is currently away and will not recieve your messages until he/she has returned
echo -a 15,1 $nick 4,1 has called you in 15,1 # 15,1 with the message: 15,1 $1-
echo 4,1time: 15,1 $time(hh:nn:ss) 4,1channel: 15,1 # 4,1Nick: 15,1 $nick 4,1 Message: 15,1 $1- }
}
Although I can see the sense in being alerted while at the keyboard in multiple chans, however, I would have more use for the echo msg when I\'m afk.
...just some ideas

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.