Dillie-O   -  Nov 11, 2014

Suggestion for threads / header context: When I click on the "Explore/Threads" link, I can see the threads, but there is a "Create Page" button at the top right of the header. What about changing that to "Create Thread?" That way the context of the header follows your navigation. I didn't know to go to my profile page to start a new thread. I realize I'm still new to the site and getting used to it, so I don't want to break the natural flow if it is already there.

Hawkee  -  Nov 11, 2014

That's a good idea and I mainly added that button as an experiment just a few weeks ago. I was kinda going for the Medium experience with the new page button in the top right corner. Now I'm considering putting the ads in that area as I'm not a huge fan of having them in the right margin.

Dillie-O  -  Nov 11, 2014

I like having it there. I could even see an extra drop down menu from the top next to Explore called "Create" that would mirror up to the Threads/Pages/Projects.

Hawkee  -  Nov 11, 2014

That's another thought. I think the trend lately is to post from the top right corner of the navigation. Maybe I should add a feather icon with a dropdown to post either a thread or a page. As for projects, that section is deprecated. Pages are replacing them and I've only kept that there because I haven't written a migration script yet. This site got far too bloated over the years, so I'm in the purging phase.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.