Hawkee   -  Sep 07, 2014

Thanks to these very active spam bots I've substantially beefed up our spam deletion mechanism. It just caught and deleted 7,000 spam comments and snippets. This runs regularly throughout the day, so if you see any spam older than 5 minutes please let me know in order to make adjustments.

Hawkee  -  Sep 07, 2014

Hey @BlueThen it's been a while. How's MIT treating you?

Jordyk19  -  Sep 08, 2014

Thank you for the anti-spam.

Hawkee  -  Sep 08, 2014

I can't bare to have all that spam on here. It would destroy the site if left alone.

BlueThen  -  Sep 17, 2014

Hey @Hawkee
Sorry I missed your message.

MIT is pretty good. Semester just started about two weeks ago.
This summer I interned for Intel. My project was heavily machine learning based, which I had no prior experience in. It was still a good time though, because I got to learn a lot "on the job," and in my own ways. I might actually consider a career in machine learning, so I'm excited to learn more.

This week is career week, so I'm starting the process of finding out what's going to happen next summer.

This semester I'm back on board with doing work at Tangible Media Group at MIT's Media Lab. Not sure if I talked about it here last semester, but I got to work on the TRANSFORM: http://tangible.media.mit.edu/project/transform/
I was responsible for the wave surface and fish, as well as some of the underlying software of the whole thing. Not only that, but I got to fly with the team to Milan, Italy to help set it up. It was an incredible experience!

All-in-all, life is good. I'm hoping things can stay on track.

How are you, @Hawkee? Have any more big plans for the site?

Hawkee  -  Sep 17, 2014

Sounds great, just don't let all of this go to your head! I've started working on the site a bit recently and hope to switch everything over to Markdown soon. I'd also love to get a point/reward system going and I might want to start building out parts of the site using Node.js and Angular.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.