ProIcons   -  Jan 25, 2013

Help :D
I disconnected my computer at 15:00 GTM +2 from power, also i unplugged each cord was connected to it, and i left it standalone in a corner of my house, so now after 8 hours i tried to reconnect it, so I plugged every cord and power source, my MotherBoard's buttons [Power + Reset] started to glowing, and i tried to start my computer from the case's buttons. So nothing happend. Nothing at all ... So i pressed again the button. Again... Nothing. So i unplugged every cord and i let only power cord plugged. tried again Still nothing. So i changed the power source and my power cable, and this time i tried to power him on by mobo's button Nothing again... So i observed that mobo's button was flickering. Thats odd ... So i disconnected also my GPU again nothing happend. I Reseted my bios, again nothing happend. I tried by pressing 932482394 times power button nothing happend, i removed and plugged the cord oo times... Nothing happend again...

So i got this issue once again in the past... It wasn't starting at all and when i tried after 8-9 hours, it just started and displayed an error message on my startup screen " Overclock Failed " i was like... WTF? but anyway it was starting like a charm after this... So whats the problem here, PSU, MOBO, CPU ? or what? I'm realy confused dunno what to do... At this moment, its only with the power source cable plluged, switched off from PSU without GPU inside only with my Intel Core i5 2500k on my Asus P8Z68 Deluxe with A70 Corsair Cooler and 4x Rams, 2x2GB, 2x4 GB...and also my 5 Drives [1xSSD 70 GB,1xHDD 2TB,3xHDD 1TB) and ofcourse:P
CD Drive, Card Reader front case panel and rear case fans

ProIcons  -  Jan 25, 2013

OH and, when i get closer to my PSU, very close i heard something like CHKCHKHCHKCHK not like electricity sparks, but something else, like a coil or whatever. Dunno it keep on chking :P all the time it is connected to power [when its switched on...] and you can hear it many times on a second

Hawkee  -  Jan 25, 2013

I'd start pulling things out. Remove your memory, hard drive, video card, etc. to see if the motherboard still works.

as i said gpu is unpluuged i tried this without harddrives so i will go to unpllug memories, but still if it is a PSU problem computer won't start again

so i unplugged everything RAMS GPU HDDs Optical Drives. FRONT Panel USB, i left only cooler with cpu beeper and so on
still the minibuttons on mobo flickering

and the psu making the shit sound chkchkchk.., also i unplugged the cord and i put my finger on PSU's Plug and pressed the button to drain all the power of the computer, nothing really happend and i feel nothing. But anyway after some seconds that the Leds turned off i plugged again power cord and tried to start it again. Nothing really happend a huge failure

Hawkee  -  Jan 25, 2013

Maybe your motherboard is dead?

Nope, So i was desparate and i said :D Lets make 230 Clients to have a small down time. So i got my Xeon server dissasembled. got his PSU and Plugged it into my computer, i noticed that The Mobo's Buttons were not flickering to i attempt to power it on. I did. and it started though it started to retard beeping because i hadn't pluged No Rams no nothing:P but anyway it started so my PSU is dead. And now my server is offline and i'm bored as hell to assemble it back. So tommorow i will go buy 1 PSU and i will assemble both... I believe my clients will be angry as then but its ok :P it was for a great purpose:D now i can sleep well lolmao

Well if my mobo was dead i had to burn the Headquarters of ASUS, i payed for that... 230 euros. Gosh..

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.