SReject   -  Nov 12, 2012

Added a snippet that mimics, for javascript, more OOP Languages 'class childClass extends baseClass' functionality... What are you all doing?

MaSOuD  -  Nov 13, 2012

Where the heck have you been?

SReject  -  Nov 13, 2012

Everywhere man :D

MaSOuD  -  Nov 13, 2012

lol

SReject  -  Nov 13, 2012

@MaSOuD due to new job and the such I dont (m)IRC much anymore.

MaSOuD  -  Nov 14, 2012

It's ok. Stick to the job ;)

[Plornt]  -  Nov 14, 2012

Hey have you seen Dart? It compiles to Javascript and mimics OOP very very well.

SReject  -  Nov 15, 2012

The problem I see with such tools like dart and coffee script is the person isn't actually coding javascript anymore. They change the language entirely to a pseudo language.... For example there's QUITE a few people that "know jQuery but not javascript".

[Plornt]  -  Nov 15, 2012

Yeah, the difference is jQuery is not a language, it does not do everything. Dart can also be stand alone and even make console applications (I assume the same with Coffeescript but I havent used it), its an entirely new language that just happens to compile to javascript. I wasn't really suggesting it as an alternate to javascript, everyone should learn js if they are doing something based on a website simply because Dart is inefficient if it is a small script. But yeah when you get to making anything OOP in javascript I find it just turns into a total clusterf*ck since it isnt really designed the same way as Java or C# (But in my opinion they are the best implementation of OOP).

SReject  -  Nov 15, 2012

I was just using jQuery as an example. Javascript is OOP, it's just not class orientated like php, c, etc. and for webapps, asking for a class orientated language is a bit overreaching in my opinion.

sean  -  Nov 15, 2012

@SReject It depends on what you're building ;)

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.