Hawkee   -  Nov 05, 2012

I made some changes to the homepage. You'll now see likes, comments and follows show up along with snippets and status updates. The comments are also now being displayed in full on the homepage and profile pages.

Hawkee  -  Nov 05, 2012

I added the filter bar back to the activity streams, but it no longer includes comments/likes. I was reconsidering the word "Posts". It includes image uploads, snippets, apps and scripts. I was thinking about changing it to "Projects" or something a little more descriptive.

Sorasyn  -  Nov 05, 2012

Did you tweak the notices page? I thought I was reading the home page until I clued in about five minutes later. Lol.

Hawkee  -  Nov 05, 2012

Yes, you'll also see the comment text there, just as you do in your emails.

Hawkee  -  Nov 06, 2012

This is still somewhat experimental, so let me know if its too awkward or hard to follow.

Sorasyn  -  Nov 06, 2012

Yeah felt as if I was reading the home page. Lol.

BlueThen  -  Nov 06, 2012

This is all very very incoherent. Comments are showing up with no context, and I'm unable to get to their contained posts.

Hawkee  -  Nov 06, 2012

@BlueThen I just pushed out a change that takes you directly to the status update rather than an anchor on the profile.

This is a bit better. The front page is still incoherent at face-value, though.

Hawkee  -  Nov 06, 2012

How so? Too difficult to distinguish between status updates and comments?

Hawkee  -  Nov 06, 2012

One thing I didn't mention here is that anything that goes to your notices page will not show up on the homepage. The homepage is meant to bring your attention to new posts that you aren't subscribed to.

Hawkee  -  Nov 06, 2012

In addition, I reduced the number of activities that show up from 50 to 20. This really speeds up the site. As you scroll 20 more will be appended at a time.

For example, this is my homepage right now: http://i.imgur.com/1GpyP.png

Much of the comments that show up are snippets of conversation between other people. Often along the lines of "Yes, I agree," or other dialogue that doesn't make any sense out of context.

I can go to each post and figure out what they're talking about, but digesting content is a lot more awkward now.

Hawkee  -  Nov 06, 2012

You have a good point. It really doesn't do much good to see the comment out of context. I removed the comment text from the homepage and profiles, but left it on the notices page. I think its useful on the notices page because you are subscribed to that content.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.