Published Nov 05, 2012
Updated Jul 25, 2013
With the Youtube Manager you can simply click on a Youtube link to copy it to your clipboard, or double-click to view it within your irc client, all while continuing on your conversations.
YOU CAN USE THE VERSION 2 ONLY WITH MIRC 7.27
By opening the configuration dialog (using /yc) you will be brought to the settings panel. Here you can choose your default language as well as other options.
Words that are missing from the translation file "trad.ini" (such as some German words) will be in English.
A second "Translation" panel aims to start phrases within the script with your language.
When you click on the star next to the save button, a small window will appear where you can copy and paste text to be translated, if the phrase is found in the translation database.
Please share your opinions/comments of my script at the site you downloaded it, but do not post translations in the comments (so comments stay short). Use the pastebin site http://www.paste.zone-script.net/
to share translations.
I made the translation part of the script hoping people will use it. Knowing that most of the text to be translated will be short, I ask your help to finalize this section.
To enlarge the Youtube video simply click and drag the bottom right side of the dialog. You can save the window size by using the "size menu" > "save"
Before this question gets asked, I will answer it. "Why does the title of the video show up as a echo?" The answer is simple. I could have used sockets to browse the page and take x information, but the echo was more useful just to show the title.
Here's the new page in the configuration dialog. It not only allows you to search, but also offers you the possibility to view the information, and the introduction picture, of the video which title you clicked (If the dialog isn't opened, click on the "See picture" button).
If you click the blue link with the picture's code, the link will be copied directly to your clipboard, and you can paste it wherever you wish.
To play a video that interests you, just click the "Play" button.
One last thing that i didn't mention within the script itself: If you enable history (Option 4 in the Settings), you can remove a link directly from the history dialog by simply right clicking it.
New features in V2 are mainly search functions.
You now have 3 alternative ways to search :
1) You have a /ytsearch <your search> alias which will open a window to display the results of your search. You just have to click the link that is interesting to you.
2) You can now search using the video dialogs, and open videos by selecting the line that is interesting to you.
3) You can now, via the manage dialog (/yc), go to the Search page and perform searches. With this method, you can see the videos' pictures.
3 new options appear :
1) The clipboard function allows you to copy links that you click. This option wasn't included in V1 if you had the link directly copied.
2) The focus function prevents you from having to reclick your mIRC windows to continue to chat.
3) The info function opens a small window to the right of the manage dialog (/yc) and shows you information and youtube pictures before you view videos.
In this version, if someone changes the topic of a chan you are in and adds youtube link(s) to it, you will see the title(s). You will also see them when joining a chan with youtube links in its topic.
Instructions V2.6: 18/03/2013
1) Change the dcx.dll version to 2.0.1114 Release Build
2) Fixed the bug with the research
3) Implementation of ghosting when moving a video window
4) Setting up an alias to reset the configuration
5) Change the source code for the youtube title display
6) View multiple titles on a single line
Instructions V3: 14/04/2013
1) Added the German translation of Merlin
2) Added the title of the watched video
3)Added the ability to minimize / maximize the configuration dialog
4) Using the mobile youtube api for retrieving titles
Instructions V3.7: 24/05/2013
1) Modification of the flags for the activation of redimensioning buttons wich allows to display the video in full screen.
2) Change the regex of detection of the youtube links to capture 5 more and solve a bug in the old regex.
3) Modification of the code so that the change of size applies directly to the video currently playing to not have white bands to the sides after redimensioning.
4) Removal of the search bar in the videos dialogs after a small vote with the testers & myself.
5) If there is request I will give it but its code was buggy in any case from the beginning.
6) Addition of the translation in Portuguese of Extreminador & Ruan which I thank largely.
7) Addition of the warning signal if the video cannot be seen on mIRC what will result to directly open the page in your browser.
8) All the videos do not inform blocking but generally that will function.
9) Opening of the video in the browser if the URL contains a time or that it cannot be visualized in the remote.
Instructions V4.3: 25/07/2013
1) You can now chose which window will be displayed in the dialog with the /yc command: /yc [1-3]
2) If the url contains a time parameter, it is now considered when opening the dialog
3) Added the selected title in the dialog's titlebar in order to see it entirely (not chopped)
4) Changed the regex to match more youtube links
5) Removed the "Youtube" string from the title, not that pretty.
6) Added a research system via the /yc alias, i.e /yc 3 madonna, which would open the dialog on the research page for madonna
I don't think I have forgotten to mention anything. Each option currently available has a small explaination within the script itself for viewing.
I you have any questions, please do not hesitate to join us on the channel #zone-script on the EpiKnet Server. Typing "/server -m irc.epiknet.net -j #zone-script" in irc will bring you there.
I'd be more than happy to cover a topic of discussion of yours. The conversations we have on the channel are very varied. :)
Thanks to Saga for his multipage dialog, menu and scroll dcx (A tutorial on how I implemented both into one script will be next).
* Unzip youtubeV4.3.zip
* place the folder titled youtube into your mirc directory
(if you are not sure type //run. This will open the correct folder)
* Go to mirc and type //load-rs youtube/youtube.mrc
* Type /yc to open the configuration dialog
Jul 25, 2013
May 23, 2013
Apr 19, 2013
Dec 28, 2012