Hawkee   -  Sep 26, 2012

Starting to feel like we need to tweak the design here a bit more. The profile pages are still a little too cluttered and the header is a tad too tall.

Hawkee  -  Sep 26, 2012

I'm also considering increasing the font size. Seems 14px is becoming more and more popular.

Abcdefmonkey  -  Sep 26, 2012

The font seems fine to me, but that's just my opinion. The header could use a bit of a shrink, in terms of design. Eh, the profile pages to me are fine as-is, but it could be laid out a bit nicer.

Hawkee  -  Sep 26, 2012

Yeah, I'm thinking the profile details should be on the side with the activity feed taking the center stage.

Sorasyn  -  Sep 26, 2012

A setup much like you have with the "explore" page? Recent Comments/Likes on the side, and mainstream activity taking front and center?

BlueThen  -  Sep 26, 2012

I think the smaller font size is better suited for formal/technical stuff that we try to deal with here.

The entire bio on profiles can be removed, aside from the "About Me" section. In addition, I think it would be appropriate to make creations/contributions a little more prominent than comments and likes.

Savage_CL  -  Sep 27, 2012

The "snippet doesn't exist" page is a little utilitarian, if you ask me >.>

Hawkee  -  Sep 27, 2012

@Sorasyn Not for the profile pages. They don't need the recent comments/likes navigational elements.

@BlueThen Stackoverflow and Github both use a 14px font size and they're entirely code based. For the profiles Github show posts by default, but the only thing with that is I find myself clicking over to Public Activity 99% of the time, so maybe it is best to keep recent activity as the default.

@Savage_CL Indeed.

pimteam  -  Sep 28, 2012

I agree the font size is way to small here. How much is it, 10px perhaps?

Noutrious  -  Sep 28, 2012

12px.

Hawkee  -  Nov 01, 2012

I went ahead and changed the font to 14px. I like it a lot more, especially on the snippet pages with the full screen width.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.