Jonesy44   -  Sep 02, 2012

What servers/channels are in use? - It's been a while.

Hawkee  -  Sep 02, 2012

I haven't logged into IRC for a little while, but when I do I usually prefer Freenode. Its generally where all the official and professional channels are.

BlueThen  -  Sep 02, 2012

Freenode is my favorite overall network. The other networks I idle in are small communities here and there.

Jonesy44  -  Sep 02, 2012

What channel are you usually on? Pretty much every channel on my auto-connect is empty or just has an idling bot.. ha!

Hawkee  -  Sep 02, 2012

Some of the freenode channels I join: #facebook, #sphinxsearch, #android-dev, #jquery, #github, and #hawkee

[nas]peter  -  Sep 02, 2012

I'll join #hawkee on freenode :O, I never knew it existed. I usually idle in tons of networks (all via BNC).

Jonesy44  -  Sep 02, 2012

There does need to be an official hawkee channel.

[nas]peter  -  Sep 02, 2012

it's probably on FreeNode if Hawkee is in it.

Hawkee  -  Sep 02, 2012

If anyplace Freenode would be the best, but there isn't an "official" channel.

sagargulati  -  Sep 22, 2012

irc://irc.mindfreakers.net ;)

Lindrian  -  Jan 06, 2013

I'm on freenode :)

Hawkee  -  Jan 06, 2013

@sagargulati irc.mindfreakers.net doesn't work for me. I get a "Connection Refused" error.

@Lindrian What channels do you frequent? When I join freenode I usually visit #github or #startups.

Lindrian  -  Jan 06, 2013

@Hawkee: #java, #javascript, #match, #php, #css, #fittit, #regex, #php -- quite a bit of web development heh.

Jonesy44  -  Jan 06, 2013

Lindrian? That's a name I've not seen in a while!!!

[nas]peter  -  Jan 06, 2013

it would be cool if #hawkee@FreeNode was official, because then we could like have a bot there say the new things that appear on the explore page! At least, I'd like to have one!

sagargulati  -  Jan 07, 2013

@Hawkee : sorry it's now irc.chat4u.in

Lindrian  -  Jan 07, 2013

@Jonesy44: You should have a look at http://www.hawkee.com/apps/29890667/ and tell me what you think :)
@Hawkee: You need to make this nickname selection automatically select the most likely nickname when you press tab, just like stackoverflow. And only suggest relevant nicknames.

Hawkee  -  Jan 07, 2013

@Lindrian Yes, that's on my todo list. It should at least initially be limited to the users in the thread then expand.

Jonesy44  -  Jan 07, 2013

That makes sense @Hawkee
Very nice @Lindrian not used reg-ex in a while! far too high-level for my latest stuff. I can't wait to get back onto high-level languages.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.