Devilin_Pixy commented on a Page, VLC Now Playing  -  Aug 05, 2012

@JDHammer67: I just changed the part of the code to get the original code by TheNiteLyfe working again. I use the code when streaming on Twitch TV or Justin TV, but I have edited my own code and integrated it into my chat bot, so there are quite a few changes in my code and I added some code as well to make it work for me. My bot only shows 'now playing' info in chat that I find useful. I do not use the bitrate, type or sample rate, but I use the artist, album, title and a few more fields I added to show 'now playing' correctly for me. Different sources use different tags for the media info. For example, a radio station would use text or text or text. Not sure what exactly isn't shown or handled right in your Videos, but you might want to check the fields/tags VLC outputs in the status.xml. Another change i made in the original code is that I am not letting the script look for the tag, but instead changed that to the tag. This way I am sure I get the full output as well, because there are more fields/tags used after that and the tag seemed to be buggy when I tested it. Speaking of radio stations, the original code echos an error saying there is no song playing when 0 is found in the output status.xml. Well, radiostations playing always show a length of 0 or -1 in some cases, so this doesn't mean nothing is playing. I changed that into checking for stopped or paused instead.

Anyways, I have been fiddling around with the code and changed it to work for me. You might want to add a debug window echoing the actual output to make things more clear. If you can be more specific about the issues you have, I might be able to help you out.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.