Conscious   -  Jul 21, 2012

@Hawkee The syntax highlighter for msl code gets the comments wrong, // is seen as a comment where it is never a comment in mirc. Example line 36 http://www.hawkee.com/snippet/9582/

SReject  -  Jul 22, 2012

This is b/c this site uses a generic syntax highlighter. Most programmin languages use "//" and "/ /" for comments and ";" for command delimiter. mIRC doesn't follow this trend.

With that said, hawkee has made mention that he might create a way to specify the more popular of code-types for the syntax highligher . an example being:
[ code=msl]mirc code here[/code ]
[ code=php]php code here[/code ]
[ code=tcl]tcl code here[/code ]

Just a note, this in not implemented yet

Hawkee  -  Jul 22, 2012

The problem is that most syntax highlighters don't support mIRC. It's a very niche language. Our current highlighter doesn't support it, so I needed to use the closest match I could find. I'll see if I can find a closer match, but I can't make any guarantees.

Conscious  -  Aug 10, 2012

When we upload a snippet, we put the platform. If the platform is mIRC, can't you use another syntax highlighter for JUST that? @Hawkee

Hawkee  -  Aug 11, 2012

I believe I'm using the C/C++ syntax highlighter right now for mIRC, but there really aren't any closer matches.

Conscious  -  Nov 10, 2012

Out of curiousity what are you currently using?

Hawkee  -  Nov 10, 2012

It is called CodeMirror.

Conscious  -  Nov 10, 2012

Would you implement a custom syntax highlighter for mSL if I created one? Someone else requested I do one, may as well kill two birds with one stone :o

Hawkee  -  Nov 10, 2012

@Conscious You mean a JavaScript plugin for CodeMirror that parses mIRC code? I'd certainly have a look at it.

Conscious  -  Nov 11, 2012

They already support custom syntaxes I think so I'll certainly look into that at some point

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.