blackvenomm666   -  Jul 04, 2012

@hawkee what about fun competitions? for different kind of snippets/codes etcetc

Sorasyn  -  Jul 04, 2012

There's an idea. Some SwiftIRC channels used to do the same thing. Post a code challenge and have submissions, with the best, most efficient, fastest submission being the winner.

blackvenomm666  -  Jul 04, 2012

Idk if we should go with the fastest submission maybe set a time limit like a day 2 days week etcetc depending on how hard the callenge is then look at them all at once and see which is best. After it's all done someone could go in and explain exactly why that one is the better one therefore helping others learn better why things should be done a certain way etcetc:)

Sorasyn  -  Jul 04, 2012

By fastest I meant snippet speed. :P

Hawkee  -  Jul 04, 2012

We did this many years ago and it was fun, but it's a lot of work to set up and administer. I may consider it for the future, but there's still a lot of coding work to be done to the site.

Sorasyn  -  Jul 04, 2012

I suppose it could be administered by users, so long as there's only one going at a time, and the post itself receives site wide attention so it's not a blowout. Lol

maybe we could get a panel of "judges" for it. They all look at the submitted entries and then vote on which is best.

Hawkee  -  Jul 04, 2012

There's also the matter of coming up with the challenge itself. That's the hardest part. I like how Stackoverflow has user submitted questions and the best questions kinda trickle to the top.

true true that wouldn't be the easiest thing to do. but it's something to think about. might help liven things up a bit ya know

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.