Pangaea commented on a Page, Latets News from the world of Science (physorg.com)  -  Apr 15, 2012

oh i think it would be alot of work for you and time to remix your script.. I really think its the links or something that needs to be changed on the originally posted one.

i recently upgraded to firefox10 ... and when putting in links to an example of one of the rss feed pages it strips the www. ... and as a test i also tried the same in ie8.. ie also strips the www out, but leaves the http in.. this is odd since i defiantly remember ie not doing that before.. i thought FF10 was doing it since the upgrade. So.. this is a wild guess, perhaps i must strip all the www. out of the script.. Ill give it a try.

Also what dose the "80" after each root link mean?
Also perhaps the problem is with these parts "HTTP/1.1"
perhaps phyorg have upgraded from 1.1? As i said earlier I have emailed physorg to ask about that very thing.. but ive been waiting for almost a week. no reply.. Ill try mail them again and see if they can shed some light on what went wrong... i just dont really expect a reply tho since its not exactly in relation to physics :/

Ive run debug mode on it.. nothing shows up to indicate what the problem might be
There is nothing displayed in status window to indicate what the problem is.

Ive had a few others look/try it too with no success. and they dont see why its not working.
Ive spent the best part of a week on and off, on my own trying and trying to get this working again.. no idea whatsoever.. like as i said if i AT LEAST knew what the problem is i could then "attempt" to fix it myself.. but everything is much much more harder since i dont even know the "why" yet.. never mind the "how" to fix part.

I did not change the code in anyway before it stopped working, in fact wasnt even working on the bot at all that weekend... I checked my pc for the usually things.. malware, viruses.. etc and to the best of my ability it seems clean enough. So i doubt the code was hacked or modified in anyway. Yet all the said the links seem exactly the same.. the html layout looks the same on the site. I wish i had taken a screenshot of rss pages and a screenshot of all the source page codes of each rss link so i would at least have something to compare with it. I might have then been able to see where the problem or change is.

Anyway, ill keep emailing mailing physorg, right now they seem to be my only hope of getting this working again.

regards

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.