Hawkee   -  Mar 21, 2012

Hawkee now has status updates! We've made a few changes to the way things work here. First you'll notice you can now post status updates. These will show up on the homepage for each of your friends.

We also fully support @mentions, so you can now direct a status update or comment toward others. And as a result we now have a single activity feed on our profiles. You may no longer post comments to somebody's profile, but you can @mention them from your profile instead.

These are beta features so please let us know if you have any problems.

Hawkee  -  Mar 21, 2012

We also have comment threads.

knoeki  -  Mar 21, 2012

I aprove of this.

kushman420TC  -  Mar 21, 2012

nice!!

FordLawnmower  -  Mar 21, 2012

The new features are nice, but they do present a bit of a problem for me.
I use this rss link to post comments to channels on irc: http://www.hawkee.com/comment.rss.php
This has , for the most part, been useful and helpful. It lets people know when there is activity on their posts and gets new people involved in scripting.
I have to turn it off now though because it's pretty much just a bunch of spam now.
Any way I can get a more refined rss link that excludes status updates ?

Hawkee  -  Mar 21, 2012

@FordLawnmower You can customize that URL. What would you like to show? If you add ?tool_type=snippet_id it'll only show snippets. Some other tool_types are user_id (status updates) or img_id for images. You can also use the activity RSS feeds by appending &mode=rss to any of the tabs here: http://www.hawkee.com/activities/

I'll eventually need to change the way all the RSS works and open up an oauth API, but for now you can make requests without a key.

FordLawnmower  -  Mar 21, 2012

That works @Hawkee . Thanks :)

Jonesy44  -  Mar 22, 2012

@Hawkee Test?

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.