jaytea commented on a Page, mIRC Spelling & Grammar Check   -  Jun 20, 2011

[quote]This dialog WILL freeze mIRC until it is closed(YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!).
Aren't you gonna address this issue at all? If you do work out the freezing issue, I'll increase it to 9. :P[/quote]

you're overreacting to this issue, which is a shame because no one would have said anything about it if SReject hadn't added such a grave warning ;P $? and $input() both exhibit the same mIRC-hanging behaviour, and no one ever complains about them. it's even easy to replicate $input() in most cases by creating a custom modeless dialog which doesn't cause mIRC to hang. but since it appears that the overall method used here is not compatible with the feature of mIRC that would prevent the hanging ($comcall), it is not nearly as straight forward to change.

remember too, this isn't a script that can just execute at any given time, when the user is afk or otherwise. the script can only be activated when a piece of text is input by a user who knows what they're doing (shift+enter), and i wouldn't expect them to sit and stare at the screen blankly for 5 minutes while their client pings off the server, just as i wouldn't expect that of users of scripts that use $? or $input().

I haven't tried this script yet, but hopefully you can take some time to make it even better than it is, hence the repetitive goto overkill, which seems to be rather redundant.

look at Example Script #1 in /help $com. the script is perfectly readable the way it is, and i don't think modifying it to use a string of elseifs would serve to make it substantially better.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.