ManicWaldo commented on a mIRC Script, mBOT v2.0.0b2  -  Apr 28, 2011

There is something I really would like to see in your bot. An adjustable kick/ban for idle users based on their /whois idle time with three variables that can adjusted. 1. How often it checks for the idle time. 2. How long the person can be idle before kick/ban. 3. How long the ban will remain in effect.

The devoice for idling does not work for the channels in my server. The channels are purposely left unmoderated so the + added to a nick has a special meaning while those w/o the + have a different meaning. The time needed before lifting the ban is to insure the idle user doesn't auto reconnect before their auto reconnect runs out of reconnects.

And yes, I am aware of scripts that are specifically made just to circumvent the no idle policy set. But the number of people who are aware of such things are small.

A simple timer for idling doesn't work because the person may be in private chat and not active in the channel so I don't want them kick/banned. That's why the /whois idle time is needed.

Thanks MaSOuD.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.