IllogicTC commented on a Page, MP3 Player  -  Apr 03, 2011

SunnyD: There is a standard-looking scrollbar built-in to mIRC. You just never see it used because its use is rather limited as compared to the other features of standard dialogs.

anthony1293: A nice basic mp3 script, looks pretty good. However, might I suggest that rather than using $sfile(), use $msfile() for selecting files? That way, someone could select a single file, or multiple files (say they want MOST of the songs in a directory, but not ALL of them.)

Also, take a look at your writing routine for $sdir(). While no, there is nothing wrong with it, you have noticed that there is a substantial lag when writing a lot of files to your playlist? I myself would suggest that, rather than using a regular write, you /fopen the playlist file, /fwrite all your finds with $sdir(), and then /fclose when done. When I made the switch from regular write to this, there was almost no lag in my MP3 script when creating a playlist (and it creates a second list for song names). It went from maybe 50-65 seconds on my PC to create a ~500 song list (for both), to about 15-20.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.