ManicWaldo commented on a Page, Pandoras Talking Bot  -  Mar 22, 2011

Thank you very much for this. It is excellent. I did however run into a minor problem. We did a "work around" and it's fine now. The owner of a room that I run my bot has a services bot in there also. She has it set up for auto-greet whenever anyone comes in. This insures she gets notified whenever someone new comes in. However .. she has a cute little feature on her bot .. whenever it's name is mentioned .. it makes a short little response .. like ... No way or Absolutely .. etc.

So when I take my chat bot in there .. an infinite loop begins ... her bot gives a short little quip .. my bot responds ... and the only way to stop it is to remove my bot. At least at first.

However ... we found that by setting her bot to ignore my bot .. there is but a short brief exchange.
Herbot .. Welcome mybot
Mybot ... (herbot) what is your name
Herbot .. (no response & no looping)

But there is a little thing does happen. Since my bot is now focused on her bot ... each time someone comes in ... her bot says Welcome newcomernick and my bot responds to her bot and that is all .. no loop. But we can live with that. And as long as I or one of us in "the know" is there ... we just tell my bot to shutup.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.