i just explained the regex thing, if some of u wants the entire explanations, tell me, less Jethro_

on $*:text:/^!(start|stop)\sauto message$/iS:#:{
;; the $ on the begin will evaluate the reference, and it means that its a regular expression to be evaluated
;; we start using / then the ^ (anchor) means that,this reference needs to be on the beginning of the command
;; (start|stop) is the referenced text, the on text event, using regular expression, will analize if start or stop is on text after the ! 
;; \s means ''space'' it needs to have a space after the command !start or !stop
;; the $ (dollar sign) here, on the end, means that, this text/reference needs to be the last thing on line
;; so /^!(start|stop) auto message$/ needs to be the only thing on line, starting with !(start|stop) and end with message
;; closing the regular expression references using /
;; ''i'' after the close, means ''ignore all capital letters/uppercase''
;; ''S'' means, ignore all control codes, like colors, bold, underlined, reverse etc

$iif($regml(1) == start, set $+(%,awflag,#) 1, unset $+(%,awflag,#))
;; if the on text found any match on the references, now $regml(0) its 1, so $regml(1) has a value, its ''start'' or ''stop''
;; the $iif condition will analize if $regml(1) == start, if yes, command 1, else command 2, in this case, else will be the reference ''stop''
;; $regml([name], N)
;; This can be used to reference the back referenced (items enclosed in parentheses) values returned by a call to $regex() or $regsub().
;; $regml explanation retired from the help file from mIRC who explains better

describe $chan Auto join / leave massage $iif($regml(1) == start, started., stopped)
}

on !*:join:#:{
  if ($($+(%,awflag,#),2) == 1) { .timercheckops 1 1 checkops $nick $chan }
}
alias checkops {
  if ($1 isop $2) { describe $2 -> [MOD] $1 has joined. }
  else { describe $2 -> $1 has joined. }
}

on !*:part:#:{
  if ($($+(%,awflag,#),2) == 1) {
    if $nick isop $chan { describe $chan -> [MOD] $nick has left. }
    else { describe $chan -> $nick has left. }
  }
}
 Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.