Towering commented on a Page, Channel Limiter (Bot Version) v.1.2  -  Dec 17, 2005

I knew you\'d misunderstand. The way you have it coded, it\'s going to do a +| period. So, if no one enters or leaves the room in 5 hours (hypothetically speaking), your code will set a +| every five minutes, the default setting. So, you would see in the channel, every five mins:

[8:35pm] ChanLimit sets mode: +l 32
[8:40pm] ChanLimit sets mode: +l 32
[8:43pm] hello room, good day today
[8:45pm] ChanLimit sets mode: +l 32
[8:50pm] ChanLimit sets mode: +l 32

Whereas, what I\'m talking about is that when a user enters, or parts, THEN a timer goes to, say, 60 seconds and checks the room and increases/decreases the current channel limit to the needed offset value, such as:

[7:38pm] Anonguy(Linux@192.168.0.1) has parted. 21 people
[7:49pm] ChanLimit sets mode: +l 31
[8:22pm] Another1 (WinXP@195.168.0.1) has joined. 22 people
[8:22pm] Hello room, good day today.
[8:23pm] ChanLimit sets mode: +l 32
[10:47pm] Well, time to go, good-bye.
[10:47pm] Another1 (WinXP@195.168.0.1) has parted. 21 people
[10:48pm] ChanLimit sets mode: +l 31

Notice how the bot ChanLimit checks and \'fixes\' the channel limit in corresponding to a user on a join and part (a Quit action should theorically be checked with it as well) instead of doing a \'set mode\' every five minutes, reguardless of activity like in the first example. This is what I was talking about, and referring too. If you are still confused by it, then I guess I\'ll have to throw myself back into script writing and come up with my own formula and provide it for those that are looking for the same goal and solution.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.