gooshie commented on a Page, Bar (Revamped)  -  Oct 17, 2010

LadySorien
As stated in my first post, to be equivalent remove ^ and $ in the regex on text event.
As in: on $:text:/^!(\S+)$/S:#:$bartender($regml(1))
Change to: on $
:text:/!(\S+)/S:#:$bartender($regml(1))

You say you tested every drink but did you test these:
!NormalDrPepper
!DietDrPepper
!DrPepperCherry
!DietDrPepperCherry
!Caffine-FreeDrPepper
!Caffine-FreeDietDrPepper
!CherryVanillaDrPepper
!CherryVanillaDietDrPepper
!RootBeer
!AWRootBeer
!IBCRootBeer
!MugRootBeer
!StewartsRootBeer
!VirgilsRootBeer

Also, there are some inconsistencies in your punctuation after the ones that have "Please choose between". You can find these easy using a search function.
Also, on :text:!sodas*:#:{ .msg <== has a '.' in front of the command which is not consistent with the other commands. This will work fine but not echo to the channel window. Some people actually prefer bots to have it that way so they dont have to see it. With the way I wrote my suggestion it would be possible to change all the responses to silent with the addition of only one '.' prefix dot for each of the two commands. This is sorta considered 'good coding practice' when repetition is removed because then edits become easier. Thus, the edit to make it work for banners/tags is simply two keystrokes. Some people may prefer to force the use of plain text or have their match text more exacting.

Btw, I did not say my code was 'better', I said it was 4.3k bytes smaller and more efficient.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.