Lucius commented on a Page, Dragon Ball Z Bot Better version (Remote)  -  Sep 27, 2010

Seriously?

on 1:TEXT:`SplitForm:#: {

that one command can cause 25 variables to be set and 40!!! writeini's?
I can understand the appeal of making a DBZ game... (ok about 5 years ago I could)
But it's scripted so inefficiently.
In need of a total overhaul.
scratch that... DESPERATELY in need of recoding.

if ($2 == Earth) {
    if ($readini($nick $+ .ini,Planet,Earth) == yes) { /notice $nick You are on Earth!! | halt }
    writeini $nick $+ .ini Planet Namek no
    writeini $nick $+ .ini Planet Earth yes
    writeini $nick $+ .ini Planet Vegeta no
    writeini $nick $+ .ini Planet Kai no
    writeini $nick $+ .ini Planet Yardat no
    writeini $nick $+ .ini Planet Plant no
    writeini $nick $+ .ini Planet X no
    /msg %ChanSet  $+ %Aura $+ , $+ %BAura $+ $nick $+ ( $+ $readini($nick $+ .ini,$nick,Name) $+ )7,1 Transports To Planet $2
  }

for example... surely you don't need an ini per person, or if you do, then try something along the lines of:

if ($2 == Earth) {
    if ($readini($nick $+ .ini,Location,Planet) == Earth) {
      notice $nick You are on Earth!!
      halt
    }
    else {
      writeini -n $nick $+ .ini Location Planet Earth
      msg %ChanSet  $+ %Aura $+ , $+ %BAura $+ $nick $+ ( $+ $readini($nick $+ .ini,$nick,Name) $+ )7,1 Transports To Planet $2
    }
  }

I really don't understand why you need to have a yes and a no for every planet, obviously one can only be yes, so make it one ini with the planet on it instead.

I could go on and on and on, but I'll stop there and just say this.
9/10 thought put into the game + 4/10 coding = 6/10
I'm not going to even attempt trying it out on my bot unless it's 1/4 of the size it is now. (and thats a VERY easy target from just a quick scan)

Shame really, in the hands of a dedicated AND skilled scripter, it could be genius. As it is, it's more of frankenstein2.0. works as it should but SO FREAKING UGLY. xD

I didn't mean to rant, and I know what it's like to try creating something this large (in function if not size) so I wish you all the best with it, and praise the work you have done (as well as those before you).

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.