SnoooP commented on a Page, Simple Nick Caller  -  Jun 20, 2010

A few improvements could be made mate, but nice attempt..

You don't need to insert your name, $me is your name.
You don't need to /notice yourself, you can use /echo -a

Example:

on *:text:$($+(*,$me,*)):#:{
  echo -a $nick said your name in ( $+ $chan $+ ) at ( $+ $time $+ ) on ( $+ $network $+ ) $nick Said: $1-
}

That does the same job but it doesn't have any if events, as the on text event checks for your nick being said. that is this part: *on :text:$($+(,$me,)):#:{**

Also for a bit of fun you may want to add something that counts how many times your nickname has been said, for this you would use inc %nickcounter 1, this means that the counter will increase by 1 each time your nickname has been said.

Also I saw you want to make it so some nicknames don't trigger the script, you could add an if statement to prevent this. for exmaple: if ($nick == nick1 || nick2 || nick3 ) { halt }
How ever if you do this you would then need to include the following else { and then another close brace at the end of the script.

And if you would like to turn the script on/off at any given time, you add a menu channel { code and #NickWatch ON and #NickWatch OFF at the beginning and end of the script, you then toggle the script on by right clicking in the channel.. And with the menu now added, you can click and see how many times your nick has been said!

If you do this you end up with something like this:

#nickwatch on
on *:text:$($+(*,$me,*)):#:{
 if ($nick == nick1 || nick2 || nick3 ) { halt }
  else {
 echo -a $nick said your name in ( $+ $chan $+ ) at ( $+ $time $+ ) on ( $+ $network $+ ) $nick Said: $1-
 inc %nickcounter 1
 } 
}
#nickwatch end

menu Channel {
  Nick Watcher
  .Nick Counter: echo -a  My Nickname Has Been Said %nickcounter times
  .Enable: /enable #nickwacth
 .Disable: /disable #nickwatch
}
 Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.