RusselB commented on a Page, Scrambled Word Game  -  Jun 08, 2010

If the script has found a word, then the word does exist. There is no guarantee that the word will be from a particular language, or won't be a contraction, short form, slang, etc.

As to resetting the file, this has to be done using the client that is running the code and can be re-generated by typing /randword -r

Lloyd_B  -  May 11, 2013

I've tried to reset this several times and all it gives me is a word made of "sppp". May I suggest a word list file on the bot itself? I maintain a channel bot with different games and I would really like to have a reliable Scramble game. To be honest, I don't have the scripting skill yet to make the changes. I'm gonna take a look at it anyway but I thought maybe the script author would prefer to make the change first.

RusselB  -  May 12, 2013

Regretfully I've been too busy with real life to do any scripting. The only thing that I can think of that would stop this script from working is if the website that supplies the code gets the words from has changed their coding. If this is the case, then there's nothing I can do, as that section of the code was written by someone else, as stated in the introduction.
If someone else wants to take a crack at checking, and, if necessary, recoding that section of the script, be my guest. I don't have the time.

Lloyd_B  -  May 12, 2013

It's ok, I found another scramble game that uses a word list someone can create and add to. I'd rather not rely on a website that can change or even close. Perhaps someone can add that functionality and append a message to this thread to give that code.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.