Pangaea commented on a Page, Typos !Trigger Protection  -  Dec 25, 2009

Heyas

Ok ive read the info about 10 times now, and tryed about 20 diffent things trying to get this to work.

I havent a clue what to do here at all. ive added the code into remotes.. but as far as all the other code u have posted i dont know. where dose this go??

I refare to this code:
on :text::#testing1234:{ if ($1 == !trigger) { commands } }
on :text::#testing1234:{ if ($1 == !Trigger) && ($TriggerPro($nick,$v2) == $true) { commands } }

on :text:!Trigger:#testing1234:{ commands }
on
:text:!Trigger:#testing1234:{ if ($TriggerPro($nick,!Trigger)) { commands } }

I understand that for !triggers i must put: { if ($TriggerPro($nick,!Trigger))
or do i? with or without the 2nd bracket?
and why is there another } now at the end?
and ive still not idea where the line goes

for example
on :TEXT:!calc :#: msg $chan $nick $+ : The answer is $calc($2-)

what do i have to put in there, and where?? with what bracket? and without?
i assume this:
on :TEXT:!calc :#:{ if ($TriggerPro($nick,!Trigger)) msg $chan $nick $+ : The answer is $calc($2-)}}
so that dosent work, nor dose it work anwhere i paste the line, take out or put back brackets.. dosent work.

The thing is, the example you gave is very specific.. every script i have is totaly differnt looking, and i havent a clue where to put that line, am i even ment to put the line in? and what about the first 2 codes? what are they?

I will paste a few sections of differnt scripts so u can get a feel of what i mean.
on :TEXT:!seen:#:{
if (!$2) { halt }
else {
.....etc

on *:TEXT:!meditate:#:{
set %fish $rand(1,100000000000000)
....etc

on :TEXT:!birthday :#:{ If ($read(birthday.txt,s,$2)) { msg # $2 was born on $ifmatch } | else { msg # No Birthday details for $2 } }
on *:text:!today:#:{
var %a = 1, %b = $lines(birthday.txt), %today
...etc

there are 3 examples.. what line do i past in them, where, and what brackets go where.

If i get 3 examples here, i can use them for reference and work the rest out myself.

Would be great if somone could give me a step by step lesson on how to use this.
My channels triggers are suffering badly, and i could do with this, what looks like, amazing god saviour.

happy xmas
pan

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.