napa182 commented on a Page, Bible Passage For Bot  -  Dec 15, 2009

@TheWhistler- Thanks

Clarkcj Said:

Its a nice script. But there is a problem with it, it doesn't have some books like Kings and Esther. 2) I don't think advertising the script by adding to the end of the verse it outputs by adding by napa182's scripts. And the color coding is not great, I think it would look better without the background color and just have text color.

lol such an old script
hmm when you say Kings do you mean 1Kings or 2Kings cuz there is no Kings in the King James Version.

oh and Esther seems to work just fine

<~napa182> @bible Esther 1 1
<&Sick0> [ Passage Esther 1:1: ]
<&Sick0> Now it came to pass in the days of Ahasuerus, (this is Ahasuerus which reigned, from India even unto Ethiopia, over an hundred and seven and twenty provinces:)

anyways here is a fast rewrite with no color and no flood control as well no checks. ;x

on *:text:@bible*:#: {
  if ($sock(bible)) .sockclose bible
  sockopen bible bibleresources.bible.com 80
  sockmark bible # $+($2,$chr(43),$3,$chr(37),3A,$4,&version1=9)
}
on *:sockopen:bible: {
  sockwrite -nt $sockname GET $+(/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=,$gettok($sock(bible).mark,2,32)) HTTP/1.1
  sockwrite -nt $sockname Host: $+(bibleresources.bible.com,$str($crlf,2))
}
on *:sockread:bible: {
  var %bible | sockread %bible
  if ($regex(%bible,/.+(not found).+/)) { msg $gettok($sock(bible).mark,1,32) Passage $regml(1) | sockclose bible }
  if ($regex(%bible,/<b>(.+)<\/b><br>/i)) { msg $gettok($sock(bible).mark,1,32) $chr(91) $regml(1) $chr(93) }
  if ($regex(%bible,/<p \/>.+<sup id=.+<\/sup>(.+)<br><br>/i)) { msg $gettok($sock(bible).mark,1,32) $regml(1) | sockclose bible  }
}
 Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.