Riffpilgrim commented on a Page, Send a dedication  -  Oct 16, 2009

Code:
if (!$2) || (!$3) || ($2 !ison $chan) { .notice $nick $logo(Error) Please specify a song/nick $chr(124) !dedication | halt }
you could remove the !$2 part of the /if statement seeing as if $2 isnt on $chan it wouldnt matter if there was a $2?
I can see what you mean however, in the unlikely event that someone in the channel shares the same name as the dedication i think it should stay in :p

Code:
if ($left($1,1) == !) .notice $nick $logo(Dedication) $c2(Dedication sent to $2 $+ !)
may be deliberate but i dont see anything for if $left($1,1) == @
This was deliberate to prevent ".notice $nick $logo(Dedication) $c2(Dedication sent to $2 $+ !)" occurring if the command is used publicly, theres no point displaying the message if they can see the result in the channel.

Code:
hadd -m $sockname end $regml(1)
seems redundant if ur just gonna free the table in a few lines comepared to just using $regml(1) instead of $hget($sockname,end)
This however, is very true thanks for pointing it out.

I wasn't expecting to come under as much scrutiny as this :o
& thanks gooshie about the hash tables, i wasn't aware that -m can be used once, when the table is created. Also, this snippet was originally made for my bot which has flood protection - the snippet performs the task outlined and simple flood protection can be added easily.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.