gooshie commented on a Page, mIRC6.3+ Lag Checker  -  Sep 18, 2009

Jonesy
Thanks for the comments. I too sometimes have the same nickname on more than one network and have updated the snippet as suggested. At the same time I decided to add a feature that allows the user to double click the popup $tip and focus the status window of the lagged connection. To add this feature it was neccesary to specify an icon for the $tip so I choose to use one supplied with mirc.exe, specifically the one with the broken lightning bolt and question mark. (After all these years I still havent figured out why broken lightning bolt means connected and complete lightning bolt means unconnected.)

I only mentioned $server in case someone else was thinking of it.
Btw, your description of the $network identifier is not exactly correct.
/help $network
Returns the name of the IRC network you are currently connected to.
Note: It may not be possible to get this info if a network doesn't provide it.

$network and $server are not the same thing. $network may have more than one $server and some $network may allow more than one connection. also (unfortunately) $network and $server DO NOT have to be unique names on the internet. The DOMAIN name MUST be unique and so must $serverip BUT $network and $server are sent out by the SERVER in the raw 001-005 lines during connect and can be anything they set it to. Traditionally they will reflect/include the registered domain name in some manner. Also, if the network has more than one server all the servers typically use the same name for $network (altho it is not required).

Note: In the screen shot Local-Chat is the name of my 'network'

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.