Jethro commented on a Page, A variation of Kick Bans **UPDATED**  -  Aug 31, 2009

TheNiteLyfe, have you realized that every time this script is loaded, it will add the kick messages to the same kb.txt again and again? Script being unloaded can happen, and once it's been reloaded, the kb.txt can get really big in size over time. You need to add this: if (!$lines(kb.txt)) { to your existing load event. This will make sure the content of kb.txt exists before writing the kick info to it:

on *:LOAD: {
  set %botowner $address($?="Nick to be botowner (address will be saved)",3)
  if (!$lines(kb.txt)) { 
    var %x write kb.txt
    %x "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
    %x "When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car"
    %x "I'm an excellent housekeeper. Every time I get a divorce, I keep the house."
    %x "I remmember the time I was kidnapped and they sent a piece of my finger to my father. He said he wanted more proof."
    %x "People think it must be fun to be a genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
    %x "Isn't your pants' zipper supposed to be in the front?"
    %x "Cheese… milk's leap toward immortality." 
    %x "Never stand between a dog and the hydrant."
    %x "You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough."
    %x "Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fish meal and I realize, I could be eating a slow learner."
    %x "He's so optimistic he'd buy a burial suit with two pairs of pants." 
    %x "Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle."
    %x "A hippie is someone who looks like Tarzan, walks like Jane and smells like Cheetah."
    %x "I never think of the future - it comes soon enough."
    %x "You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on."
    %x "If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life."
    %x "Ninety percent of the game is half mental."
    %x "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." - after being told he looked cool.
    %x "I'm in no condition to drive...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!"
    %x "A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
    %x "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    %x "Marriages are made in heaven. But so again, are thunder and lightning." 
    %x "Half of the people in the world are below average."
    %x "If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else!"
    %x "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
    %x "Men marry women with the hope they'll never change. Women marry men with the hope they'll change. They are both disappointed."
    %x "Marriage is like pi - natural, irrational, and very important."
    %x "Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die." 
    %x "A rich man's joke is always funny."
    %x "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down 
  }
}

set %botowner $address($?="Nick to be botowner (address will be saved)",3)this line goes on top under the load so that it'll be set anew each time when the script is loaded.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.