Phoenix- commented on a Page, Ultimate Bot  -  Aug 08, 2009

I'll show an example by what I mean putting the On Texts together.

ON 1:TEXT:!age:#:msg $chan 4This Channel Has no age limit aslong as ur not to OLD 
ON 1:TEXT:!Troll:#:msg $chan 4Do not troll in $chan Doing this results in :Ban or Kick

You could make this

on *:text:*:#:{ if ($1 == !age) { msg $chan 4This Channel Has no age limit aslong as ur not to OLD }
if ($1 == !Troll) { msg $chan 4Do not troll in $chan Doing this results in :Ban or Kick } 
}

Or another example which would make this nicer (and more professional) would be this:

on *:text:*:#:{ if (%text.flood [ $+ [ $nick ] ] != 1) { $iif($left($1,1) == @,msg $chan $text.return,$iif($left($1,1) isin !.`,notice $nick $text.return,halt)) | set -u10 %text.flood [ $+ [ $nick ] ] 1 } }
alias text.return {
if ($mid($1,2,$len($1)) == age) { return 4This Channel Has no age limit aslong as ur not to OLD }
if ($mid($1,2,$len($1)) == Troll) { return 4Do not troll in $chan Doing this results in :Ban or Kick } 
if ($mid($1,2,$len($1)) == Ass) { return 4Dont be a Ass, It Only Makes You Look Dumb. }
}

Now, what does this do? It will check if @ is the first character, and if it is, then it will message the channel. If its either any of these characters >>> `!. <<< , then it will notice the user.
It adds a flood protection per nick for 10 seconds (you can change the wait time by changing 10 to whatever number you want.
The alias named $text.return will be especially useful to you.
When using $mid($1,2,$len($1)), it will find the middle portion.
It finds the 2nd character between the length of $1.
So if $mid($1,2,$len($1)) would be age, then it would return the comment "4This Channel Has no age limit aslong as ur not to OLD" (no quotes).

You can not only make different ways to message/notice but add flood protection and organize your comments with a single alias.

I hope this helps you a lot more.
And remember, /help is your friend.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.