Panix commented on a Page, aol.mrc  -  Apr 15, 2009

I didn't think about someone saving the file as an .ini. When the group of people I hung out with on Undernet years ago got into making small script add-ons, we always saved the file as .mrc. Excluding the script.ini, all other scripts I've made in recent years always have that file extension so I had no clue about .ini file appending line numbers to files. That's my bad.

Like I've said, this was for nostalgia purposes. I thought MAYBE someone would have remembered the old script and thought it would be funny or cool to have it available again as a mIRC script. If you don't like that way of talking, don't use it. I still load the tcl on the few eggdrops I have.

As to the coding, I started writing scripts in back on mIRC 4.52. We didn't have fancy identifiers like $noqt back then. When I was keeping up with the new mIRC versions and the new stuff put into them, sockets were implemented. So I wrote the script the way I knew how and it worked. And seriously, what difference does it make if %temp is global or local? I use %temp in tons of aliases and events and I've yet to have a problem with it.

And as far as "/" being unnecessary, I'm surprised you didn't say something about %_aol.count not being utilized anywhere. ;) The whole script is unnecessary.

My way works and it's easier to read than what you posted.

Thank you, DarkFlaze and trill. I guess I should have realized from what napa and Nathan had posted earlier that this isn't some place to post scripts and have a laugh. I didn't even realize this was suppose to be some lame MySpace rip off until after I made the post. Looks like it's just a bunch of elitist mERK scriptards.

You kids take this whole scripting thing WAAAAAAAAAAY too seriously. lol.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.