Kirby commented on a Page, The IMDB (Internet Movie DataBase) Searcher  -  Mar 30, 2009

Regardless of the fact that it's a bit difficult to read, I don't see why you would not use the script.
Of course if the script doesn't interest you, you wouldn't bother to look at it; but the coding style?> would start on the next line instead of using " | " but I guess it's down to personal preferenceLike you said, it's a personal preference, but I don't see why you would want to not use it.
I can assume that the reason why you don't want to use it is because it is difficult to edit/debug; you have no idea what is happening in the script, what parts can be edited, etc. Well, there's nothing I can really do about it to make you understand; I code in a rather different way; even understanding the code may be difficult for most. I don't guarantee that the user will understand the code, because that's, ultimately, their 'job'. It's their duty, if they were to edit/debug, to understand what is going on in the script, and hold responsibility of what they've done. For example, someone edited parts of the script but had almost no idea of what he or she was doing. They would then blame it on the script maker for having the script "too hard to read" or "too bunched up". That is completely irrelevant to the script. Which leads to what I have to say next.
If you were to ask me to elaborate on the script, I would be more than happy to do so, but having interest in the script, but not even using it because it's not your coding style? Or similarly, "I don't know what's going on, so I'm going to flame the poster, why didn't you make it easier for 'us' to read?" Ridiculous, in my opinion. Like you said: "personal preference".
I do not appreciate whining and complaining about the script's structure - if the result of the code is buggy, then obviously that's something that I will take into consideration; but how I digress many times, what you are saying is completely irrelevant.

Eugenio, I will not use a script unless I can read and understand every single line of it. Doing otherwise would be ignorant on my part.I don't have to explain what every single line is in the script, because that is virtually impossible.
But don't get me wrong - what you're saying is absolutely true. It may be harder to read/debug. I just take a different approach than you do.
However, I appreciate your comments, but if you want an expanded version so much, here you go. But I am NOT changing what I have posted.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.