Cheiron commented on a Page, Advanced Specific Multi Ignore System  -  Sep 23, 2008

It is not the critising that i am referring too.. it is the constant put downs, the bickering, the lack of supporting comments, the way it is said.
New users to scripting get swamped with a high level code as an alternative and have words said to the effect of..... yours is lame and useless.. this is not what it should be. Higher level scripters on the site should be encouraging the lower level/ability scripters and taking the submitter through how it "could" be improved on a level they understand.
That is the issue here. i can take critism on my snippets as i am learning quite fast and can see and 30-45% understand some of the code improvements relating to what "i" submit.
However, alot of new scripters cannot understand alot of what you higher level scripters post and are put off or scared off as a result.
I feel the community spirit is being lost by those with superior knowledge and that they just simply are not prepared to sit down with the "newbie" and help him/her develop > this comment has been updated due to it being pointed out as incoherent

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.