Typo commented on a Page, Am I an op?  -  Aug 23, 2008

And yet another completelty pointless waste of space on hawkee.
The only thing scripts like this do is push real scripts off the recent list.
I'm really getting tired of it. This is the only site I post on and its getting to where posting here is a waste of time because it gets lost in junk like this.

Scripts like this are way better suited for say the forum or just kept yourself.

It's like a lil while back when someone posted a one line On Text that was a simple "Welcome to #Channel".
What the hell is the point in posting crap like that? I mean the mirc help file has more complated examples for an on text than that.

Some people would argue that this is a learning site and to them I say this:
I agree but stuff like the example above should be in the forum. If someone comes here wanting a script as simple as that then a request for it in the forum would have a valid reply or ten in no time at all.

People keep posting crap and every time they say they didn't test because they were in a hurry or they say that its pointless or stupid but they know that and were just bored so don't say so.

If you know its pointless or stupid, if you havent had the time to test a script and CONFIRM IT WORKS, if your code is something that can be found in the examples in a newbie mirc tutorial or if function of your script was to cure boredome when making it and not actually something usefull to others than just keep it to yourself ir take it to the forums.

It doesn't make you look cool to have a dozen snippets if theyre all crap and its just ruining the site.

A lot of this comment is me being fed up with this site goind down hill so fast and not intended to be aimed at the OP in particular. Yes this script did get me going but tbh its not half as bad as most the ones im refering to.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.