Typo commented on a Page, music player mp3 wma and wav  -  Aug 10, 2008

This is a pretty good start but it needs some work in my opinion.

For one its not intuitive to add files. The first thing you normally try is to right click in the file display box and select add or add list but there is no right click menu available at all inside that section of the dialog and you have to locate the buttons needed to load a directory below. When you do finally realize you have to use the make list button all it lets you do is select a folder. There was no way to select individual songs.

I noticed whenever I hit a button it made the button look weird until i clicked somewhere else.

I also notices your missing a next and back button to skip songs.

It doesn\'t make a lot of sense to make everything based in a dialog and yet you have it echo the song info into the active window instead of showing it in the dialog especially when the spamming options are disabled.

I think using volume presets like you have could end up with blown speakers because you have no idea how high high will be until you hit it. A fully adjustable volume control is really needed.

If you hit play and there isnt a playlist loaded it sends an splay error.

If a list is loaded and you dont have a song actually selected and you hit play it sends the same splay error.

You didn\'t use an on unload event to unset your variables and optionally delete the playlists.

I had to look inside the script until I found the alias section just to figure out how to load the player so you should probably include instructions to use /musicplayer in the introduction and even maybe add a menu entry to open it.

This mp3 player really does have a lot of potential but I just think it really needs some more work especially on the playlist system and volume control and other things I mentioned.

Sorry if it seems like I was ragging on your code as that wasnot the intention. I just thought I would point out everything that came to mind incase you planned on trying to improve it.

I\'ll wait to rate it incase you plan on making any of those changes.

PuNkTuReD  -  Jan 10, 2016

8 years later, I just may update with your suggestions lol.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.