Typo commented on a Page, Away System  -  Jul 15, 2008

I actually totally understand not uncluding an autoaway. It seems like no matter what u set those bastards at it eventually sets you away when you didn\'t want it to. It has to be the only feature I left out of my away system (not released). Theres a couple ideas I put on mine that you may like to add to yours. Most the stuff I have you have either i ncluded or are planning too but theres a few things that have not been mentioned.

One, You should allow an optional password field for each added nickname. In mine I just had 3 names, the normal nick, the away nick and the BRB nick and mine assumes they all share the same password so you only set one but why not have yours let a pass for every one. Enyhow then u can watch for a notice from nickserv to identify and auto identify.

Two, allow the user to bind the away command and back command to F Keys that they can set.

Three, On mine when you can enable an option that will popup a little buttin that you press when you get back to set yourself as back. It was just a small input box with one button that said \"Back\" and you either pressed it, ignored it till you want to press it or close it with the little x without it bothering anything.

Four , I can\'t remember the fourth thing I had in mind cause I forgot it while typing the first three. Lol.

Anyhow man, great job so far, especially on the dialog. I just wanted to throw my ideas by you since I can see your trying to make this a very nice away system.

I will hold my rating until its done. So far its right around a 6/10.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.