Cheiron commented on a Page, 24/7 bot in channel  -  Feb 02, 2008

no.. sorry if i didnt explain it better. i have a bot, as do 2 of my ops. the bot runs 3 channel\'s control scripts etc. all bots are online but only one of them are in the channels. the others are sat in the \"hallway\" as it were idling. if the master bot goes offline, the script on each of the bots checks to see.. A - which of the other 2 bots are online, and if none are in channels, it will auto join them. if any of the other bots come on and in channel, then it will auto leave them. for example....

Bob, Tom, and Sally.

Bob runs the master bot. tom and sally have the \"backup bots\". If bob\'s goes offline then each of tom\'s and sally\'s bots will get the message via unotify and try to join the channels that bob\'s was in. however.. if one of the other bots are there already, it will not join. on the same note. if it joins the channels and bob\'s comes back on line and into the channels, it will leave them and go back to standby.

i hope that makes a bit more sense. if not let me know and i will try and simplify it a bit more for you

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.