EL commented on a Page, anti flood at it's simplest  -  Jan 30, 2008

@ Rebellious It\'s cool to disagree with ratings sure, and your script is well done not that i tested it yet but remember hes targeting completely new scripters more then likely coders that have yet to get past alias\'s so I don\'t think its unfair to rate this snippet high.One it works plain and simple.Two its simple a new coder can\'t ask for any thing more simple cause staring down the barrel of some of these codes can be intimidating for new coders, trust me i know.Well look at your code above for a sec almost every part of it is just a more advanced way of goin about cheiron\'s which is awesome i take nothing away from it,but to start off coding I personally would want to use his vs yours for the time bein so i have time to learn some things then in time as one gets better to change it to your more advanced ways,but only after they are ready for it.You can call me a n00b for this but i dont use $v1 actually i dunno wat it means and the $iif i dont use those either,most new ppl dont start out usin %var an < > $iif $v1 or $wildsite etc not sayin they are incapable of it im just sayin its hard when u start and discouraging to try an learn it rite away.Even i have a hard time readin your code yet i know $regex and use raw\'s etc.I think for the newer scripters it\'s ace.maybe instead of one posting forum there should be something for simple starter scripts maybe some one to filter these as well,seem these types of scripts get dogged on within the more advanced section of the community,hes trying to help it may not be the more efficient ways according to some but it is a workin code that has the potential to keep the new coders interested an not discouraged to keep codin an gettin better to one day get to where your code stands.And yes he should add comments such as yours sense it is target at new comers as well.Either way i still stand by my rating an no im not commenting outta defense,simply trying to show other opinions.`-.-

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.