Rebellious commented on a Page, anti flood at it's simplest  -  Jan 30, 2008

I\'ve created an alternative to your script, commentary included:

on *:text:<whatever regex/command here>:#:{ 
  ; the above will match a command like any normal bot script
  var %n $iif($($+(%,command,.,$wildsite,.,#),2),$v1,0)
  ; we use a local variable and a global variable here
  ; I like to store the data of a global variable in a local one
  ; Just so that we can use it later.
  if (%n != 0) { 
    inc -z $+(%,command,.,$wildsite,.,#) 15
    ; inc -z acts a sort of countdown. It will count down from fifteen each second
    ; put all your commands here
  }
  elseif (%n > 5) { msg $nick <message here> }
  ; Remember how I said inc -z counts down? Well, if the user uses the command in a range of 10 seconds
  ; then the command won\'t be used and the user will be notified with what ever the message was
}

You should really tell users to replace .msg with the commands they want to use. As you don\'t include that in your introduction.

I\'ve also read some of the comments on here. The ratings aren\'t very backed up with reason, and the some of the comments are very odd. Cheiron, if you want to improve your scripting and appeal to new scripters, than you should apply the most clean and advanced method as you can; whilst applying yourself in the process. So about the set -u drama, Solo\'s point is true. However, I don\'t agree with him for the most part.

I find that this can be a very useful script, and that your ideas, Cheiron, are excellent and your snippets have a fantastic vision. It\'s just the scripting that needs a bit of reworking.

As to my previous comment on the ratings, I am going to expand on that a bit more. I really believe a well given rating should consist of explanations on your views of error checking, thought/creativity, the documentation, and the scripting style.

As this script is now, I\'d have to give it a 4. The idea has been said in many comments before (Ex: \"add a flood protection\"), and that the scripting style is poor and needs to be redone. I find that the documentation is very poor, as it does not mention vital things to the script. The reason I\'d give this is a 4 and not say.. a 2 is that the idea is directed at the new users and that the author is trying to give users ideas and a simple tutorial.

I hope you can agree with my views on this, and not take this personally in any way.

Good luck!

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.