Cheiron commented on a Page, anti flood at it's simplest  -  Jan 28, 2008

many thanks EL. it is always nice to see there are people out there that take the snippet for what it is and rate/review honestly based on how well it works rather on whether it contains half the science journal\'s equations for quantum mechanics heh!!

Everybody..

rememebr there are alot of newcomers and beginners to scripting on this site people and posting stuff like.. there are better scripts than this .. is not gonna encourage these new line of scripters to continue bringing new material in. just take the script, test it, and rate it. if there is a fault, obviously comment and/or put a solve there so the newcomer can see where he/she went wrong, as per the likes of Lindrian and mountaindew do, then at the end of the review.. then you could possibly suggest a simpler way of coding, or point to a few other codes for the new scripter to read so that he can see or learn how a slightly more advanced script works etc etc etc.

it is all to easy to look at these scripts and say.. useless... dont work... why is it this basic... i have seen far better. which defeats the purpose of this site. if there is an issue with the script, let the newcomer know fairly and simply but rate the script according to its working ability. i hold my hands up and admit i still use /\'s on my .msg\'s or use them in favour of echo -a for example. but that should not bias reviews.. the scripts work regardless, so treat them as they work.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.